Sunday, December 17, 2006

Frankly, I Don't Think Gingrich Has Much of a Chance

Newt Gingrich is thinking about running for Pres. in 2008, although he doesn't sound very certain about it. Here are my thoughts.

First off, his overuse of "frankly" drives me crazy. I swear he says it at least once every time I see him speak.

Second, he doesn't have a great personality for a Presidential run. He talks like a policy wonk. This is good for talking with other policy wonks and politicians, but not for appealing to the masses.

Third, he doesn't strike me as particularly smart. Not that he's dumb. Just that in comparison to his competition, I don't think he stands out in terms of his intelligence. This wouldn't be a big deal except that he seems to think he's an intellectual.

All that said, he's not that bad. I'd like to hear what he has to say about various social and economics issues. I don't feel like I have a good sense of where he stands.

No comments: